A Year of Outreach
St. Benedict Knights of Columbus Council #9056 heads into the Season of Advent, reflecting on a year of activities supporting our Church, Community, and indeed, the world with our fellow Knights.
The Order gave more that $154 million and more than 48 million hours of volunteer service.
But those are the big totals.
Look at these specifics:
- We gave the gift of warmth to more than 150,000 children through the Coats for Kids campaign.
- We gave 8,891 physically challenged individuals the gift of mobility this year through our wheelchair program.
- We raised more than $19 million for Ukraine support and gave those families the gift of respite at Mercy Centers and Easter packages.
- RSVP gave the gift of financial support to nearly 5,900 seminarians or postulants.
- And we had more than 450,000 members give the gift of life through donating blood.
These are gifts that change lives. Real people, real individuals benefited from these gifts.
Be a Knight...make a difference
Here are some of the recent and upcoming events across the Council
1. Faith: "Our Lady of the Playground" is Back!
2. Life: Bishop Knestout Gives Hope 4 Life Van and Ultrasound Blessing
3. Fraternal: Christmas Party
4. Church: Knights Baking Christmas Cookies
5. Church: Breakfast with Santa
6. Community: Supporting Special Olympics Fall Championships
7. Community: Raising funds for Programs supporting those with Intellectual Disabilities
8. Community: Sorting and packing at the Mayflower Food Bank Marathon
9. Paying your Annual Dues
December Meeting Minutes are posted.