The Knights are a group of Catholic men dedicated to serving our Church. They were founded by Father Michael McGivney with the serious task of assisting widows and orphans, but over time the Knights began to expand their mission by providing additional support to the parish priests for their many needs. Today the Knights have grown to over two million Catholic men around the world, offering numerous programs of support.
It was this service to others and the desire to be involved that originally attracted me to join the Knights. It is this commitment to serve and the opportunity to participate in the many programs to assist our Pastor and our parishioners that mean so much. The SPX Knights provide a full range of activities with many that include wives and families. To mention only a few:
- Essay and poster contest for SPX grade school kids
- Annual support for seminarians
- Provide ultrasound machines and fiscal support for several pregnancy centers
- Coats for Kids – where we donate numerous winter jackets to those in need
- Rosary program for the SPX school 6th and 7th graders (we instruct the kids how to say
the Rosary, and teach them about the history of the Rosary and the meaning of the mysteries)
- St. Joseph’s Toolbox – local Knights provide needed household repairs for our parishioners
- Fulfill various roles in the mass – ushers, lectors, and Eucharistic ministers
- St. Mary’s Home for Boys – monthly birthday celebrations for the boys
- Habitat for Humanity – assist by donating both labor and funds
- Knight’s Café breakfasts, and dinners
- 40 Days for Life and other events supporting this critical ministry
The list of contributions by the Knights continues as we work to live our commitment to the St. Pius X parish. From my perspective I have gained many new friends, enjoyed great fellowship, expanded my faith, and have thoroughly enjoyed working with so many quality Catholic men. We continue to grow and sincerely ask you to consider joining us. If interested in becoming a Knight, please send an email to Bob Weisend (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Bob Moore (email@example.com), and they will answer questions and guide you through the process. Special hint – ask them about joining via the new QR code…..it is amazing!
We also invite all SPX families to join us and participate in saying the Rosary at 7:00 pm on the third Tuesday of each month, either in person (held at the Youth Center), or via Zoom. Email John Rickman for details; firstname.lastname@example.org.