About Our Council
The Founding of Marian Council
In 1952, a group of men in Pompton Lakes began holding meetings at various places to discuss the possibility of organizing a Knights of Columbus Council in the area. These meetings continued on into 1953 at which time a Columbian Club was formed and the ground work was finally laid for the future council.
The efforts of these men were crowned with success on March 21, 1954, when Marian Council #3801 was instituted by the Supreme Council.
The Most Reverend James T. McNulty, then Bishop of the Diocese of Paterson, honored the new Marian Council with his presence at the exemplification of the first degree. Approximately 150 men were initiated that day, one of the largest groups ever.
The Council was dedicated to the Blessed Mother, hence the name 'Marian Council'.