Its been a great year for Coats for Kids
Thanks to the generous donations of brother knights and the church it's been a Great Year!
I want to give thanks to all who helped with suggestions picking up donations at the church and delivering to the Community Center. I also want to thank Gene Alaura for getting me started on the coat drive.
This is my report:
- Council purchased 4 boxes of lightweight coats. Two boxes for girls and two boxes for boys. Ninety-six coats total.
- First round of donations from the church:
- 12 each heavy weight for boys
- 6 each heavy weight for girls
- 3 each fleece type for girls
- Second round of donations from the church:
- 16 each heavy weight for boys
- 4 each heavyweight for girls
- Last donation from the church:
- 40 stocking caps of various sizes from John Flinn
- 24 boys lightweight and 24 girls lightweight donated to St John's Catholic School - Karen Durand POC. She said what she can't use she will donate to a Title 1 school in North Charleston.
- 25 coats donated to Stratford High - POC Christina Zuniga.
- 16 coats doated to Knightsville Elementary - POC Martha Hohorst
- 3 coats doated to Lynn Solon (Chip Reeves) for a family in need.
- The rest of the lightweight and heavyweight coats and the 40 stocking caps went to Hanahan Elementary on November 30th which is called Tuesday Giving Day. Thanks to Howard Jackson for contacting his daughter, who suggested I get in contact with a guidance counselor. - Michelle Sanford. Hanahan Elementary is also a Title 1 school.
In Summary there were 140 coats total and 40 stocking caps. All recipients were very happy and thankful we could help out! Everyone liked the mixture of lightweight and heavyweight coats.