Officer elections were held at our business meeting on June 15th at our Council Home in Dunellen. Our officers for the 2022 - 2023 fraternal year are below. Please pray to our Blessed Lord and to our founder, Blessed Father Michael McGivney for their guidance.
Grand Knight Mario Fabella
Deputy Grand Knight Tom Baffuto
Chancellor Jeff Marren
Recorder Alan Kulig
Treasurer Ralph DeLillo
Advocate Jose Lagdameo
Warden Mike Sciametta
Inside Guard Dennis Whelan
Outside Guard Ed Patella
1 Year Trustee Jim Whelan
2 Year Trustee Dr. Tom Connors
3 Year Trustee Keith Venturella
The Knights of Columbus Council 2544 in Dunellen with Our Lady of Fatima Parish ran a fundraising effort to give direct assistance to refugees who are victims of the crisis in Ukraine.
We have decided to directly support the work of The Little Servant Sisters of the Immaculate Conception in Poland and Ukraine.
- The order of The Little Servant Sisters of The Immaculate Conception was founded by Blessed Edmund Bojanowski in Poland in the year 1850 and are still based in Poland.
- The sisters still have eight homes operating in Ukraine where they give temporary refuge to those seeking to leave the country or are in search of a safe haven. Some of these courageous sisters are in harms way doing their good work.
- The Little Servant Sisters have opened their homes and facilities in Poland to refugees from Ukraine where these people receive medical care, food, and shelter.
- The LSSIC currently have over 2,600 sisters working in Europe, America, Africa, and Asia.
- Locally, the Little Servant Sisters of the Immaculate Conception Sisters run St. Joseph’s Home for Seniors in Woodbridge.
The Provincial Mother in Cherry Hill promises that 100% of donations will go directly to Poland and Ukraine and will be used to purchase food, hygiene, and medical supplies. We pledge the same; 100% of donations made to us for this cause will go directly to The Little Servant Sisters of The Immaculate Conception.
We raised over $10,000 in this campaign and the money was sent to the Little Servant Sisters. Donations can still be dropped off or mailed to Our Lady of Fatima Parish Center, Attention Jim Whelan, 50 Van Winkle Place, Piscataway, NJ 08854 as the need continues. Checks should be made payable to Knights of Columbus 2544.