“And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land…”
"Into the Breach" Men's Discussion Group (a work in progress) Beginning April 23, 2020.
What is "Into the Breach"?
"Into the Breach" is a call to battle for Catholic men which urges them to embrace wholeheartedly masculine virtues in a world in crisis. This is inspired by the Apostolic Exhortation for Catholic men written by Bishop Olmsted of Phoenix.
The "Into the Breach" Men's Discussion Group will discuss the topics presented in "Into the Breach" and related concerns and share our experiences to learn from one another. While we hope to serve men of St. Pius X and Sacred Heart Parishes, we welcome all men, ages 18 and up to participate any time that fits their schedule. Regular attendance is helpful, but you are not expected to attend every meeting. Along the way, we hope to build a closer relationship with God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and each other. This group is sponsored by Fr. Boecker Knights of Columbus Council 6090, but you do not have to be a knight to attend, or benefit.
What this Group is Not:
- We are not primarily a Bible study – although we will study the Word.
- We are not a service focused group – although we will encourage and perform acts of service as part of our ministry.
- We are not a Catholic apologetic's group dealing only in ideological arguments – although our discussions may include this at times.
- We are not a laissez-faire group getting together just to “hang out” – although we will have casual family and men’s gatherings.
- We are not a therapy group trying to “figure it all out”.
The "Into the Breach" discussion Group meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month at 8 pm for fellowship and discussion begins at 8:30. Under the current Covid-19 crisis, we will meet virtually, but as restrictions open up, we will re-evaluate among the members what format is best. We also hope to meet periodically for a social gathering, once the crisis is over.
Albert R. Treado