Portland, OR 97086 US
Sunday, May 3, 2020
Starting at 11:00 am
Portland, OR 97086 US
Name: Ron Boyce
Now for the 112th Annual State Convention. I know we all love attending the State Conventions because it allows us to see old friends, meet other members for all over the State of Oregon, get the spiritual reflection that our State Chaplain and Archbishop Sample provides for us, and help the Order in Oregon move forward to the next fraternal year. We are still having the 112th Annual State Convention. Its just going to be held virtually and it will be a lot shorter than Conventions in the past. I am proud to say the 112th Annual Convention will be on May 3rd, 2020 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.
• The Councils need to email your Councils Credentials with the delegates phone number and email address to State Secretary Sid Thiel at email@example.com, so your council can attend the virtual convention. The Delegates phone number is very important because it will act as a credential during the Virtual State Convention and it will allow you to participate.
• The Delegates will be emailed the Proceedings Book and they will have the opportunity to read the 2019 Annual Meeting Minutes and reports of the Committees at the State Website www.kofc-or.org.
• Those Members who wish to run for any of the State Officer position, and Insurance & Associate Delegate to the Supreme Council Meeting in Washington DC on August 3rd to 6th, 2020 will need to let the Delegate from their council know, and email the name of the nominee to Sid Thiel.
• The delegate who seeks recognition to speak, shall press *3 on his phone. He may be contacted by the State Deputy’s designee(s) to verify the intent to speak. The delegate shall not mute his phone. If he needs to address the meeting, he will be put through. This is like a radio program where callers are screened and then permitted to speak to listeners.
• Method of Voting. The voting will be conducted through secret electronic balloting by pressing numbers or symbols on Delegates’ telephones as instructed by the State Deputy unless, due to technological problems, another voting method is directed by the State Deputy.
• Due to the time limit that we are granted the only members who will be able to attend the Virtual State Convention are the Delegates, State Officers, and Past State Deputies.
The main purpose of this Virtual State Convention is to complete the business of the State Council and completion of the Resolutions that was submitted by the Councils. All awards, recognitions of councils or members will be done during the evening banquet dinner at Oregon Summer Organizational Meeting on June 27th in Cottage Grove.
St. Pope John Paul said, “If He asks much of you, it is because He knows you can give much.”
Be Not Afraid.
Ronald Boyce, State Deputy