KofC Council 14745 Projects: July 2016 –June 2017
Church Activities: Frank Hays - Activity Director
· In participation with Men’s Ministry, continue to assist with lawn care and snow removal.
· In participation with Men’s Ministry, support the Parish with various building maintenance projects.
· Continue to actively support various Church Ministries: Eucharistic Ministers, Lectures, Ushers, etc.
· Continue to provide financial support to the KofC State Missouri Religious Vocations Fund.
· Provide financial support and meet our KofC State Religious Information Bureau quota.
· Provide financial and moral support to a Diocesan Seminarian via the Supreme Council’s Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP).
· Provide the "A Guide to Confession" pamphlets to parishioners at our Communal Penance Services.
· In participation with Men’s Ministry, sponsor a Bible Study Group for all interested parishioners.
· Lead the Stations of the Cross during at least one of the Lenten Services.
· Provide Rosary Guide pamphlets and Rosaries to the parish for parish Rosary services.
· Sponsor/Lead the Rosary before all three Masses.
· KofC Communion Sunday, Knights and their families attend Mass together.
(Every 5th Sunday, rotating between all the Masses: Sat. 4pm, Sunday 9 & 11)
· Marion Conference provide annual support -
Community Activities: Dave Bruns - Activity Director
· Participate in the Blue Springs Fall Fun Fest Parade.
· Participate in the annual People with Intellectual Disabilities Drive.
· Assist at local BSHS Bingo, Special Olympics events when possible (Dice – Poker Run)
· Sponsor a Turkey Distribution Project for Thanksgiving via gift cards in the Parish Food Pantry.
· Organize a Christmas donation program for the Floods of Joy, Missionary Baptist Church. See Frank Hays
· Purchase a chair in support of the KofC State Wheel Chair program.
· Sponsor “$40 for Lent” – Proceeds to the Parish Food Pantry.
· Set aside a “Disaster Relief Fund” of $500 to be used as membership directs.
· Christmas Lights Recycle Program – to benefit the disabled.
· Feed the Homeless – Provide meals to the homeless three times a year at the Welcome Inn located in Blue Springs.
· Offer CPR classes to the parish.
· Agape House donation of $50 to offer financial support for families of prisoners a place to stay overnight during visiting them.
Council Activities: Bob Drake - Activity Director
· Sponsor a Starlight Usher Volunteers Program for 8 shows June thru September of 2017
· Sponsor an annual Council Picnic. Tentative date:
· Host an annual Trivia Night. Scheduled for February, 2017.
· Co-sponsor with the Men’s Ministry the annual golf tournament.
· Continue to publish and distribute a monthly Council Newsletter info to all members utilize the Uknight site.
· St Michaels Veteran - cook out during the summer
· Texas Hold-em event.
Family Activities: Bob Drake - Activity Director
· Prepare the hamburgers & hotdogs for the annual parish picnic Saturday 9/24/16.
· Sponsor family outings, e.g. T-Bones Game, Mavericks, etc.
· Prepare breakfast for the annual “Breakfast with Santa” parish program.
· In participation with Men’s Ministry, assist with the annual parish dinners.
· In participation with Men’s and Women’s Ministries, assist with the annual parish Fish Fry.
· In participation with Men’s Ministry, assist with the 4th Sunday Parish Breakfasts and 4th Sunday Coffee & Donuts
Pro-Life Activities: Frank Hays - Activity Director
· Sponsor the KofC annual “Roses for Life” campaign in our parish.
· Sponsor and distribute the “Carnations for Life” on Mother’s Day in our parish.
· Sponsor a “Rosary for Life” event for our Parish, Jan. 2017. (Roe V. Wade anniversary)
· Provide financial support to the KofC State “Meet Life” program which will maintain and train staff for sonogram machines for Pregnancy Centers in Missouri.
· Baby Bottle campaign fund-raiser for the “Meet Life” program.
· Provide volunteer assistance & financial support to the St. Robert Bellarmine Pro-Life Committee.
· Provide financial support to the Knights of Columbus "Culture of Life" Program and the Knight's
Catholic Advertising Campaign.
Youth Activities: Don Carey Activity Director
· Provide Adult Leaders to local Boy Scout Troops and Blue Elk District.
· Provide financial support to the Boy Scouts for a scout scholarship to scout camp.
· Provide assistance to the parish’s PSR program and youth groups.
· Provide assistance to the local Optimist Club in raising funds for their various youth projects.
· Sponsor a $500 scholarship for a parish high school senior.
· Sponsor the KofC State Soccer, Essay, Poster Contests.