We are about a month out from our annual retreat. The retreat this year is on November 9th, led by Father Matt, and is being held in Lux Mundi Hall at LOTW followed with attendance at the 4:30pm Mass. We will have sign up sheets at the next business meeting and at the Knight's table at the next Community Weekend. I would like to get a preliminary head count of the brothers that are planning on attending. There will be a limit to the number of attendees that we can accommodate, and we are opening this year's retreat to all men in the parish. If you are planning on attending, please email me directly and we can start building an attendee list, and reserve a spot for you.
Next weekend we will be at the King Soopers located at Simms and Ken Caryl. I know Sunday will be difficult since we also have a breakfast. The current Open shifts are listed below.
Friday 10/18 - 4 to 5:30pm - one shift, 5:30 to 7pm - both shifts
Saturday 10/19 - 9 to 11am - both shifts, 11 to 1pm - one shift, 1 to 3pm - one shift
Sunday 10/20 - 9 to 11am - both shifts, 11 to 1pm - both shifts, 1 to 3pm - one shift
Please contact me if you'd like to volunteer for a shift. GK Matt Traver, (720) 724-1558.
- Tootsie Roll Drive Has begun. Please contact the GK to volunteer
Tootsie Roll Drive - 10/18, 10/19 and 10/20 at the King Soopers Ken Caryl/Simms
Tootsie Roll Drive – 10/25, 10/26 and 10/27 at the Walmart Supercenter Bowles/Coalmine
- Breakfast Prep – 10/19 after the 4:30pm Mass
- Knight’s Breakfast – 10/20, help need from about 6:30am until 1:30pm – tough weekend since we have Tootsie Rolls going at the same time
- Mass and Prayer at Planned Parenthood – 10/22 sign up for prayer for an hour anytime from 7am to 6pm and join Fr. Matt for Mass at 12:30pm
- Next Business Meeting – 10/22 at 7pm HFC
- All Souls Memorial Mass at 11:00am on 11/2, with a reception hosted by the Ladies of the Knights and assisted by our council
- Teddy Bear Drive – 11/2 and 11/3, please contact Brother Joe Snow for more information and watch out for information on the big screens, the bulletin and Flocknote
- Knight’s Retreat - 11/9 – 9am to 4pm, no cost, breakfast and lunch, followed by 4:30pm Mass
Food For Families
Just a quick note about our Food for Families initiative for this upcoming fraternal year. I would like to challenge all of you to donate 10 pounds of food each month to the parish Food Pantry. If we do this as a council, we would be able to donate over 20,000 pounds for the fraternal year. If you and your family already donate more than 10 pounds a month, thank you and please continue with your generosity.
Last fraternal year as a council we donated just under 11,000 pounds, which included monthly donations, Thanksgiving and Easter Food Boxes, 40 Cans for Lent, and monetary donations to the Food Pantry and other area Food Banks. Thanks to all of you and your families that donated.
Summers at the Food Pantry can be a bit lean on the donations, so if we can give a little push to help out our brothers and sisters that rely on the Pantry, I am certain it would be greatly appreciated.
Please let me know about your donations, so I can keep track of our council's efforts. You can email, text, or when you see me just tell me what you and your family have donated. If you have a fairly standard amount weekly or monthly that you donate and only want to mention it to me once for the entire year, I am happy to track it the rest of the year for you. If you are participating in the 10 pounds a month initiative, please let me know and I will track that for you as well.
Thank you brothers, GK Matt, 720-724-1558, HALGL2@aol.com
Council Eucharistic Adoration Hours Selected
Insurance Field Agent
Please contact our Insurance Field Agent for any KC insurance needs
Please review Prayer Requests
On the banner to the left, you can review the current prayer list.
You can also add your own pray Requests by clicking in that section.