Martin Herrera is the Event Chairman for this event
Co-Chair: Arturo Ybarra
Here is an opportunity to honor our seniors and Christopher Columbus.
- Get-togethers are very important to seniors.
- That is why this luncheon usually has around 400 seniors attending!
- Seniors from the surrounding communities will enjoy a menu of BBQ chicken, baked beans, macaroni salad and chips (with iced tea and lemonade).
- The meals will be prepared, and served, by Good Shepherd Knights of Columbus (Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will be helping to serve, as well).
- The Council's Ladies Auxiliary will provide their wonderful desserts.
We need your assistance with the Annual Columbus Day Senior Appreciation Lunch which taking place on Monday, October 14th. Please consider volunteering a few hours to help make this annual show of appreciation to our senior community a success. Below is a break down of what days and times we need assistance. Please contact Brother Martin Herrera (210-330-9141) or Brother Arturo Ybarra (210-730-1139) with any questions or concerns.
Sunday, October 13 from 12 pm to 3pm
Help is needed setting up the hall, cleaning and trimming chickens and cutting vegetables. Spouses are welcome to help.
Monday, October 14
Ray Davila and his team need four additional brothers to help cook and transport chicken/beans between cook site and the hall. If you can assist with cooking or transporting food between the cook site and the hall please contact Brother Ray Davila (210-723-7984) for showtime and location. They would like to run two shifts.
7:30 am to 11:00 am: This shift will help with any additional setup, help seat seniors as they arrive and prepare the food for serving.
11:00 am to 3:00 pm: Assist serving plates, help with bingo and cleanup. Boy scouts and girl scouts will carry the plates to the tables and help with cleanup.