Mother Teresa Council was founded on May 10, 2000 through the dedicated efforts of our Founding Brothers and with the help of our friends and Brothers in the Council and Assembly of St. Pius X. On July 11, 2000 they adopted the Council's By-Laws. The Council is named after Mother Teresa of Calcutta who, in 1946 was called by God "to establish a religious community, the Missionaries of Charity Sisters, dedicated to the service of the poorest of the poor. By 1997, Mother Teresa's sisters numbered nearly 4,000 and were established in 610 foundations in 123 countries of the world."
For more information, treat yourself to a visit to Mother Teresa's Web site.
Our Council works closely with our parish and is dedicated to supporting our youth, enriching our Christian families, and building of our faith community, while fulfilling Christ’s command to serve the poor and needy.
There are approximately 22 Councils in Tucson within a 28 mile radius of Mother Teresa Council and another 12 Councils within a 94 mile radius.
The four Councils in our District #5 are…
#6848 (St. Martin de Porres Council) - St. Frances de Sales Church,
#10762 (St. Pius X Council) - St. Pius X Church,
#12696 (Mother Teresa Council) - Corpus Christi Church,
#14230 (St. Rita in the Desert Council) - St. Rita in the Desert Church.
There are seven Districts in Tucson (2, 3, 4, 5, 29, 31) and a total of 32 Districts in Arizona.
Fourth Degree members of Mother Teresa Council belong to the Msgr. James T. Weber Assembly #2152 which is based out of St. Pius X Parish. This Assembly, along with five other Assemblies, are members of and governed by the "Chief Judge John M. Roll Chapter of Tucson".