DID YOU KNOW...?
Knights Of Columbus Council 2544, Dunellen, NJ
Did you know worldwide ...?
- The Knights of Columbus was founded in 1882 by Blessed Fr. Michael McGivney, who was beatified in 2020 after officially having 1 miracle attributed to him by Pope Francis.
- The Knights of Columbus has 15,900 councils and 2 million members
- In 2019 the Knights raised and distributed over $185 mil. and contributed 76 mil. volunteer hours
- Our life insurance program has $22 billion in assets and 41 consecutive years with A++ rating (highest possible)
- Our life insurance program invests only with companies that are true to Catholic values
- Global charities include; Special Olympics, Global Wheelchair Mission, Habitat For Humanity, Right To Life, K of C Ultrasound Initiative, K of C Disaster Relief, Veterans Programs, Christian Refugee Relief, and K of C Vicarius Christi Fund (The Pope's good works), among others.
- In 1954 the Knights successfully lobbied the President and Congress to have the words "UNDER GOD" added to The Pledge Of Allegiance.
Did you know the Dunellen Council 2544 ...?
- Our council serves Our Lady of Fatima and St. John The Evangelist parishes. In addition, our Fourth Degree Assembly 1775 also serves Our Lady of Mt. Virgin and St. Francis Cabrini parishes.
- Our council was chartered on Oct. 8, 1924 and our Assembly was chartered on Aug 12, 1978.
- Our primary fundraising activities are Lenten Fish Fries, Sunday Breakfasts, Right To Life Rose Drive, collection for people with disabilities, and raffle games at our council home.
- In 2020 we supported our parishes with donations totaling almost $4,000 despite pandemic related restrictions on our fundraising events.
- In 2020 we also made donations to our seminarians to help offset their education costs.
- We supplied, cooked, and served food at a picnic reception for our seminarians to celebrate their ordination as Transitional Deacons in August.
- We organized and led a prayer service for police officers and first responders in October in Washington Memorial Park in Dunellen.
- We held successful blood drives in August and October.
- We donated 24 new winter coats through the K of C Coats For Kids program.
We welcome Catholic men over the age of 18 to join our organization and help us serve our parishes and community. Talk to any Brother Knight, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website kofc2544.com.