News & Announcements
Activites of the Knights
KofC Council 14745 Projects: July 2019 –June 2020
Faith Activities: Steve Gimmarro - Activity Director
• Continue to actively support various Church Ministries: Eucharistic Ministers, Lectures, Ushers, etc.
• Continue to provide financial support to the KofC State Missouri Religious Vocations Fund.
• Provide financial support and meet our KofC State Religious Information Bureau quota.
• Provide financial and moral support to a Diocesan Seminarian via the Supreme Council’s Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP).
• Provide the "A Guide to Confession" pamphlets to parishioners at our Communal Penance Services.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, sponsor a Bible Study Group for all interested parishioners.
• Lead the Stations of the Cross during at least one of the Lenten Services.
• Provide Rosary Guide pamphlets and Rosaries to the parish for parish Rosary services.
• Sponsor/Lead the Rosary before all three Masses.
• KofC Communion Sunday, Knights and their families attend Mass together.
(Every 5th Sunday, rotating between all the Masses: Sat. 4pm, Sunday 9 & 11)
• Marion Conference provide annual support -
Family Activities: Allee Middlecamp - Activity Director
• Provide Adult Leaders to local Boy Scout Troops and Blue Elk District. We have several in the council that do this.
• Provide financial support to the Boy Scouts for a scout scholarship to scout camp. Duty is to assist in seeking applications.
• Provide assistance to the parish’s PSR program and youth groups. Duty is to assist with the help of council volunteers and assist as needed.
• Sponsor the KofC State Poster Contests, Order material in October, Promote activity in November and conduct activity in December.
• Provide assistance to the local Optimist Club in raising funds for their various youth projects. Duty is assist with the help of council volunteers when projects arise.
• Sponsor a $750 scholarship for a parish high school senior. Duty is to assist in reviewing scholarship applications
• Co-sponsor with the Men’s Ministry the annual golf tournament, proceeds go to food pantry.
• Prepare the hamburgers & hotdogs for the annual parish picnic
• Sponsor family outings, e.g. T-Bones Game, Mavericks, etc.
• Prepare breakfast for the annual “Breakfast with Santa” parish program.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, assist with the annual parish dinners.
• In participation with Men’s and Women’s Ministries, assist with the annual parish Fish Fry.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, assist with the 4th Sunday Parish Breakfasts and 4th Sunday Coffee & Donuts
Community Activities: Henry Marsh - Activity Director
• Participate in the Blue Springs Fall Fun Fest Parade.
• Participate in the annual People with Intellectual Disabilities Drive.
• Assist at local BSHS Bingo, Special Olympics events when possible (Dice – Poker Run)
• Sponsor a Turkey Distribution Project for Thanksgiving via gift cards in the Parish Food Pantry.
• Organize a Christmas donation program for the Floods of Joy, Missionary Baptist Church. See Frank Hays
• Coats for Kids
• Purchase a chair in support of the KofC State Wheel Chair program.
• Sponsor “$40 for Lent” – Proceeds to the Parish Food Pantry.
• Set aside a “Disaster Relief Fund” of $500 to be used as membership directs.
• Christmas Lights Recycle Program – to benefit the disabled.
• Feed the Homeless – Provide meals to the homeless three times a year served at St Robert Bellarmine MPR.
• Offer CPR classes to the parish.
• Sponsor the KofC State Soccer Contests, Order material in July, Promote activity in August and conduct activity in September and October.
• Sponsor the KofC State Basketball Free Throw Contests, Order material October, Promote activity December and conduct activity in January.
• Sponsor the KofC State Essay Contests, Order material in July, Promote activity August & September, and conduct activity October, November and December.
• Knights of the Holy Smoke – BBQ competition. Proceeds benefit Veterans Tiny Homes
• Agape House donation of $50 to offer financial support for families of prisoners a place to stay overnight during visiting them.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, continue to assist with lawn care and snow removal.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, support the Parish with various building maintenance projects.
• Sponsor a Starlight Usher Volunteers Program for 5 to 8 shows June thru September
• Sponsor an annual Council Picnic. Tentative date:
• Host an annual Trivia Night. Scheduled for after January and before Lent.
• Continue to publish and distribute a monthly Council Meeting Minutes info to all members utilize the Uknight site.
• St Michaels Veteran - cook out during the summer
• Texas Hold-em event.
• Mouse Races
Life Activities: Frank Hays - Activity Director
• Sponsor the KofC annual “Roses for Life” campaign in our parish.
• Sponsor and distribute the “Carnations for Life” on Mother’s Day in our parish.
• Sponsor a “Rosary for Life” event for our Parish, January (Roe V. Wade anniversary)
• Provide financial support to the KofC State “Meet Life” program which will maintain and train staff for sonogram machines for Pregnancy Centers in Missouri.
• Baby Bottle campaign fund-raiser for the “Meet Life” program.
• Provide volunteer assistance & financial support to the St. Robert Bellarmine Pro-Life Committee.
• Provide financial support to the Knights of Columbus "Culture of Life" Program and the Knight's Catholic Advertising Campaign.
Materials that need to be ordered will be ordered by the Financial Secretary