What Do Our Knights Do, ST. TERESA OF AVILA KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS COUNCIL 13959
As we are in our 16th year of existence, here are a few things you should know about us: (Space here prevents us from listing ALL that we do). Contributed $150,000 to the parish by direct payment or performing services once
paid for by the parish.
- Took over parish grass cutting and maintenance of lawn care equipment.
- Purchased tents for Parish Festival.
- Paid for extensive electrical work in Schoppol Hall.
- Paid to refinish ciboria and other vessels.
- Contribute to the Holy Thursday Motorcade and March for Life bus.
- Purchased kitchen fryer for parish events.
- Contributed to the school computer upgrade program.
- Purchased a beer meister for parish events.
- Purchased a new stand for the Advent Wreath.
- Purchased bibles for Baptism families, new parish members, etc.
In addition to monetary support of our parish our members:
- Provide volunteers for parish events – Festival, Fish Fry, Bingo, Mission Brunch, and Holiday children's parties.
- Serve as ushers, lectors, Ministers of the Eucharist, Adult altar servers for weekend masses and funerals, money counters, etc.
- Pray the rosary at the funeral home for deceased men in our parish.
Beyond serving our parish, we also perform other charitable works:
- Contributed $72,500 so far to help support seminarians on their journey to the priesthood.
- Contributed $114,000 to outside charities including: The McGuire Home for Challenged Children and Adults, St. Anthony School for Exceptional Children, Military Chaplain Fund, K of C Disaster Fund, Paid for plaque for parish war veterans memorial, North Hills Community Outreach, Global Wheelchair Mission, Funded Pro-life billboards around the city and bought Christmas gifts for veterans who are in hospice care facilities and also helped some of our own parish families in need. Contributed to fund child's 7 transplant operation. Helped pay for a man's funeral whose widow was unable to pay for.
And finally, in keeping with the Catholic pro-life doctrine, we contribute to the Knights' Ultra Sound Project which places ultra sound equipment in clinics where expectant mothers can actually see the baby they are bearing, causing many women to change their minds about undergoing an abortion.
We currently have 105 Knights here at the St. Teresa Council and are always looking for new members. In order to join our ranks a man must be a practicing Catholic, 18 years or older. Other than taking part in an induction ceremony and keeping up to date with modest annual dues everything else is VOLUNTARY. You do what you can not what you can't.
For more information, contact Frank Peduto @ 412-364-6110 or peduto firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us at KOFC13959.org and be come a member today electronically.