This Saturday, January 11, we will be having our Chili Cookoff from 3:00 to 6:00 at our Council Home. I would love to see a large group of Brother Knights join us. If you want to be a taster/ judge and help choose the prize winning chili, the cost is $10.00 for all you can eat. We have 12 entries so you will get your monies worth. If you don’t like chili, join us to have a beverage and watch football playoffs. Stop by and say hello.
As announced in previous emails, Wednesday is meeting night. The Columbian Club meeting is from 7:00 to 7:30 and the Council business meeting starts at 7:30. Next Sunday, January 19, we have our family breakfast at Saint John’s. Prep starts at 6:00 AM and we serve from 8:00 to 12:00. Cleanup is 12 to 1. Join us for a great breakfast buffet. If you can lend a hand anytime in that period it would be greatly appreciated.
I hope to see many of you and I thank you in advance for your contributions.
Grand Knight 2544
Accomplishments in 2019
- Collected $1,200 through our Right to Life Rose Drive and donated the money to Good Council Home, St. Ann’s Center Grandma’s House, and Rutgers Catholic Center for their bus trip to Washington DC in January.
- Purchased trophies in excess of $1,100 for the OLF basketball program
- Collected 684 pairs of used eyeglasses and donated them to New Eyes for the Needy.
- Sponsored a barbecue for seminarians of the Diocese of Metuchen and collaborated with Father Paul for a Holy Hour for Vocations on the same evening.
- Donated $500 to help offset education expenses of our seminarian and Brother Knight, Ariel Bautista
- Contributing sponsor for St. John’s Casino Night
- Donated to Rutgers Catholic Center to help offset cost of a bus for students so they could assist in repairing homes damaged by Florida hurricanes.
- Collected over $5,300 with our Special Needs fund drive to be distributed to local Arcs, Special Olympics, and St. Peter’s Hospital For Keeps Program.
- Donated $100 so that 10 Veteran residents of the VA Home in Menlo Park could attend a Somerset Patriots baseball game
- .Contributing Sponsor of St. John’s Golf Outing in October.
- Ran blood drives in April and October at our council home
- Prepared a Christmas luncheon in December for over 100 clients of FISH
- Donated to and participated in Wreaths Across America
- Volunteered man hours;
To clean out the old feast storage container so that it could be removed from OLF property.
To move tables, chairs, and statues in the our Lady of Fatima school building
To help set up and breakdown tents, tables, and chairs for the OLF Family Picnic
To clean St. John’s auditorium and basement area
We ask Catholic men over the age of 18 to consider joining us. Please talk to any Knight for more information about who we are and what we do. You can also visit our website, www.KofC2544.com for more information or you can email our Grand Knight, Jim Whelan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY JOIN THE KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS?
Imagine being part of an organization that fills your heart with the joy of giving to others and the feeling that comes with making a difference. Knights are Catholic men, 18 years of age and older, who are committed to making their community a better place, while supporting their Church. Being a Knight is more than camaraderie, it is being involved with your community. It is supporting your local Catholic Church while enhancing your own faith. It is about protecting and enhancing your family life.
Courtesy of Council 12173, www.knights12173.com