This is notification that all planned events and meetings are cancelled until further notice. Among these are the meetings planned for this week, upcoming fish fries, and the blood drive that was scheduled for April. The blood drive is tentatively rescheduled for June 4th. The Columbian Club is closed as of 8:00PM March 16th.. The club team is working on refunds and rescheduling parties that were booked. The Fourth Degree Exemplification scheduled for April 19th is also postponed indefinitely.
As you know, all public Masses in the Diocese of Metuchen have been cancelled until April 4th at the earliest. At Our Lady of Fatima, all other meetings and parish activities are also cancelled.
Our Lady of Fatima church is open for private prayer every day from 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament takes place each day from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Please maintain social distance in church. We must all remember that this is the season of Lent. The changes in our society that we are experiencing can easily make us lose our focus. Do not allow this to happen. In our lifetimes, there has never been a more urgent need for prayer. We need our Lord’s healing and guidance now more than ever. PRAY!
I want to remind everyone that our parishes will face severe cash flow problems for the near future. Please continue to make your weekly donations by mail or by signing up for electronic giving.
Please check our council website, your parish websites (links on ABOUT OUR COUNCIL tab) and the Diocese of Metuchen website (diometuchen.org) on a regular basis for news and updates. I will be praying for the good health of you and your families and a quick end to this crisis.
Jim Whelan, Grand Knight
Accomplishments in 2019
- Collected $1,200 through our Right to Life Rose Drive and donated the money to Good Council Home, St. Ann’s Center Grandma’s House, and Rutgers Catholic Center for their bus trip to Washington DC in January.
- Purchased trophies in excess of $1,100 for the OLF basketball program
- Collected 684 pairs of used eyeglasses and donated them to New Eyes for the Needy.
- Sponsored a barbecue for seminarians of the Diocese of Metuchen and collaborated with Father Paul for a Holy Hour for Vocations on the same evening.
- Donated $500 to help offset education expenses of our seminarian and Brother Knight, Ariel Bautista
- Contributing sponsor for St. John’s Casino Night
- Donated to Rutgers Catholic Center to help offset cost of a bus for students so they could assist in repairing homes damaged by Florida hurricanes.
- Collected over $5,300 with our Special Needs fund drive to be distributed to local Arcs, Special Olympics, and St. Peter’s Hospital For Keeps Program.
- Donated $100 so that 10 Veteran residents of the VA Home in Menlo Park could attend a Somerset Patriots baseball game
- .Contributing Sponsor of St. John’s Golf Outing in October.
- Ran blood drives in April and October at our council home
- Prepared a Christmas luncheon in December for over 100 clients of FISH
- Donated to and participated in Wreaths Across America
- Volunteered man hours;
To clean out the old feast storage container so that it could be removed from OLF property.
To move tables, chairs, and statues in the our Lady of Fatima school building
To help set up and breakdown tents, tables, and chairs for the OLF Family Picnic
To clean St. John’s auditorium and basement area
We ask Catholic men over the age of 18 to consider joining us. Please talk to any Knight for more information about who we are and what we do. You can also visit our website, www.KofC2544.com for more information or you can email our Grand Knight, Jim Whelan, at email@example.com.
WHY JOIN THE KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS?
Imagine being part of an organization that fills your heart with the joy of giving to others and the feeling that comes with making a difference. Knights are Catholic men, 18 years of age and older, who are committed to making their community a better place, while supporting their Church. Being a Knight is more than camaraderie, it is being involved with your community. It is supporting your local Catholic Church while enhancing your own faith. It is about protecting and enhancing your family life.
Courtesy of Council 12173, www.knights12173.com